Thursday, February 14, 2008

Valentines Day


Valentines day is coming up and first things that come to mind are cupid, flowers and candies and hopefully good sex, but thats not what im talking bout today. No need to endorse the consumeristic ideals of such a holiday but there is signifagance in all things. valentines day has a long history and if I had the patience I probably would have read it. I'll take a wild guess that it was invented a long time ago by some guy who happened to have a printing press and a bunch of chocolate colored strawberries, but I could be wrong. Honestly contrary to popular belief I am a hopeless romantic but I'm not delusional. I don't goin' around fallin' in love with everybody but, we've all had our moments. I've always wondered if its possible to find somebody to love just for one day. It's like on Christmas, it sucks when you don't get a gift. And the same thing goes for valentines day. You feel like shit when you don't get none. Can we set up some kind of system? Like an anual sexual buddy system network. Its like you see some one and you find out their not getting any. If you like what you see help each other out. Or maybe craigslist could have some type of hook up ling or something. What im trying to say is that since society's gonna make you feel bad for being single on valentines you got to fight that fire with fire. They say you got to get some so lets work together and make each other feel better on this terrible satan spawned holiday.

10 comments:

John Eightclip said...

Yes, some sort of "I'm hot, your horny" situation. Or that saying in reverse. Or could there be some sort of rating system that would put people in brackets based on sexual experience and size/shape of their private areas. Or even better, just bags over everyone's head so that you could just have sex and not even really worry about if you just slayed a beast, or just made love to a prince/princess. Or, is this whole idea losing the idea of what St. Valentine had in mind to begin with.

Humorous read though. ha ha. Interesting idea. www.craigslist.com/hititandquititvalentinesdayspecial

Josh Muller said...

Right on man. First off I thought the link labled "good sex" was hilarious. But I really like the style of your writing. It's conversational yet intelligent and you can tell that you mean what you say which makes it easier to read. Nice blog.

Anonymous said...

I like the look of your blog. The colors and the lay out. The Valentines article was insightful, it was cool that you didn’t just talk about Valentine’s Day but provided a link to its history. I like the picture of the first blog, but I would have like to know more about you or about the kind of material that the blog was going to present. I am curious about your next post and you got my attention through out your last post. It seems like an interesting topic for a guy to discuss.

The business

lorena zuluaga said...

I like the look of your blog. The colors and the lay out. The Valentines article was insightful, it was cool that you didn’t just talk about Valentine’s Day but provided a link to its history. I like the picture of the first blog, but I would have like to know more about you or about the kind of material that the blog was going to present. I am curious about your next post and you got my attention through out your last post. It seems like an interesting topic for a guy to discuss.

TThe business

lorena zuluaga said...

My bad about the anonymous message. I was having problems posting my message, so I tried anonymous and then figure out the problem.

JiratuX said...

First of all I have to say that your blog made me laugh. Second, there is a section of craigslist called casual encounters. It's pretty funny. But yeah, your blog reminds me of a "Man's Man" kind of article in Esquire Magazine. I miss my subscription, so you better keep them coming to fill the void.

Grant said...

Interesting blog. I like the way you discussed the best and secretive about Valentine's Day. Thank goodness it has already passed. I become envious at this time of year just seeing couples together. It always reminds me that some of us are miserable.

Other than that, good writing.

Jesse C. said...

Hmmm, interesting theory. So you are saying Satan + Hallmark = Valentines Day. I'll buy it. In fact that is probably the most sound theory on the creation of this god forsaken holiday that I have heard. Well done Billy! We must research this theory further, and prove that Hallmark is truly the one to blame.

Anonymous said...

Hello Buddy,

I hope that you are having a nice day!I figured since I'm sexy I'll reply, lol.

Well, I just have a question about your blog. Is the conversation about sex and relationships only limited to heterosexual couples? In my opinion more love and sex will help our planet so we shouldn't exclude anyone, but hey that's just me?

Maybe you can give me some answers?

Oh lastly Valentines day is, probably along with Halloween, my favorite consumer holiday. All of the chocolate goes on sale! Not to mention to me the dark, is the best ;)

Even doctor's
agree!

Have a nice weekend!
Take care!

Yours for Justice,
Josie

Anonymous said...

hey billy,
give me your personal email, i gotta give you some video to check out!

yfj,
josie